Sunday, March 29, 2009

Woodsbury Outlet By Taxi

vielleries

History to be a little connection with the statement of intent here, here is a small selection of old straight out of the closet.

There have quite a few years, I briefly ran a fanzine (first paper, then e-zine) called " Clerc Obscur . It was mainly the role play, although in its web version, it has shifted a bit more broadly by treating film and TV series. I had the opportunity to publish several scenarios for the games I played the most at the time. Here they are, each with a small comment :

"In the clutches of the master of crime"
- First scenario Castle Falkenstein, the RPG-steampunk fairytale for which I had a huge crush. This scenario results from a mixture of envy, wicked Machiavellian way between Moriarty and gloomy mood of Whitechapel.

"Conspiracy Romuldie" - Still for Castle Falkenstein , it follows the first and takes the characters into a dangerous journey into the heart of the Balkan countries. There must be a concern for design: it has messed up in large widths each time I did play!

"Full Steam Ahead!"
- Exploiting the atmosphere of Paris at the Jules Verne, this third adventure for Falkenstein proposes to participate in a race a train to the revolutionary design. If I have great sympathy for this story, we must recognize that his finishing is poor.

"Judge Bishop" - For Deadlands: my darling, the scenario that I have the most fun to write and play (five or six times). A small town, mobsters, a convoy of Indian, an itinerant judge disturbing ... No part steampunk, however, this element being IMHO unattractive in Deadlands.

"Workin 'on the railroad"
- Second scenario for Deadlands , I found many months tied up as the previous but it is a good memory of game players have enjoyed a star pinned to their lapels to sheriff before going to "pacify" the city of miners.

"Death of a rotten"
- An investigation Berlin XVIII that will not make the characters of popular players among their fellow cops. I love this scenario, several times played in real time, including agreement to a result quite effective. It must be able to adapt without too much trouble to PSC.

"Storm of the possible" - For Guild, the quest for origins, a scenario camera in a remote fortress. I have been (largely) reworked the basic idea into a screenplay by comic book artist is waiting for her (huh, Pierrick?:)

"Here lived Death" - If there is one game that fascinated me reading, but on which I had the greatest difficulty in carrying it Kult. And I was damn frustrated! Well, this scenario is the same: I find it contains good ideas, but I find their lousy assembly, hardly playable. And I can not really pinpoint what's wrong ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment